Sunday, August 14, 2016
Dear Friends, Date: 8/08/2016
Thank you all for making our 7 th General Body meeting a success with a satisfactory attendance of both local members and representatives from Bangalore, Tirunelvely, Madurai,Trichy, Salem and other places from Tamilnadu.
The meeting started with a Prayer by Smt. Saraswathy Murali and Smt.Jeyamangalam Ramamurthy. After the Welcome address by Shri.S.Ponraj our Working President, the meeting started with the address by the Chief Guest. Swamiji Padmasananda Maharaj of Ramakrishna mutt and Special address by Shri.D.M.lele AGM of Bank of india. After honouring both the Guests for their kind presence in our Meeting, we started our usual business with the address by our President Shri.V.Ravishankar, who appreciated the oneness shown by our members during the 12 years of struggle and he was sure to have the same oneness in the coming years also.
Then the presentation of Accounts for the year 2014 – 2015 by our Treasurer Shri.M.K.Murali, went on well and the accounts was unanimously approved by the members present. Murali thanked one and all who contributed for his successful 12th year of Accounts presentation and vowed to continue the work.
Then podium was given to the General Secretary to dwell on the work done during the past years and he placed before the members the following points.
1) Shri.Nagarajan explained the path dwelled from the loss of battle in Supreme Court to the present Victorious battle in the High Court of Madurai on payment of 5 years Notional Credit case.
2) Then it was explained about the future path in the above case and since the Management has gone on appeal and notice was served on us because of our Caveat filed in Madurai High Court, that we should try to get the dismissal of the case in the Admission stage itself and if admitted to fight for an early hearing.
3) As the case will naturally end up in Supreme Court only it was explained that we need enough of finance to fight it till the end.
4) More light on the case of Pension updation filed in Madurai, was given, since it is kept pending for want of a decision in Lic Case, which was referred back to Delhi High Court after the final hearing in Supreme Court, where we also intervened. It was explained that the decision of the Delhi High Court will enhance our claim in the Madurai High Court.
5) Finally the Secretary stressed the importance of financial strength to fight the case and appealed to one and all to contribute liberally for the Legal Fund.
After the secretary’s address stage was given to our Chair person to explain the legal aspect of our case and about the future of our case as to how it should end up and the intricacies about the move we took to bring the case back to Madurai thereby opening the whole demand of Arrears of Salary through the claim for 5 years notional credit.
He also stressed the importance of finance to fight the case and appealed to all to contribute liberally so as to continue the struggle to its natural end.
After the Chair person’s address Shri. Radhakrishnan our Vice-President, Mr. Rajan – E C member, Saklecha E C member, Mr. Tittarappan Thirunelvely, Mr.Anand Raj Madurai, Shri.Venkatkrishna Banglore spoke and gave their assurance to the Association that they will work for the collection of Legal fund and make it a success.
The presence of the representatives from Mysore, Erode, Salem, Trichy, Tanjore and Kumbakonam show cased the strength of the Association and the spread of our Association.
The graceful presence of our former Managing Director of GIC Shri.P.B.Ramanujam and his support for the legal struggle was so encouraging and added strength to our struggle.
Finally, Dr. Rajagopalan – Joint Secretary spoke about the achievements of our Association in getting the cashless medical insurance and about the efforts the Association put in getting the momento for retirees in United India. He also announced the creation of ‘Whatsapp’ group for our NISVRREA RETIREES, with which all the members can get information instantly, and requested all the members to use the modern communication system to our use.
Our Vice-president Shri. V.Vijayakumar, deliverd his vote of thanks and finally requested all those present to utilize the facility provided by our Association for Medical Check up arranged in co-ordination with SIMS HOSPITAL, and of-course after the delicious Lunch provided by the Association.