We met the officers at GIPSA and the following are the excerpts of our discussion.
1) Companies are seriously considering to introduce Floater type policy in our Group Mediclaim and there will be increase in basic premium also as per the IRDA regulations.
2) One more option for pension is in the pipeline and the companies are finalising their recommendations in this regard and the consolidated opinion will be forwarded to Ministry shortly. We feel some positive signs as the unions are also pressing for this.
3) There is also a favorable thinking interms of Ex Gratia Pension as given to the Pre 1986 retirees to those who have opted for pension and did not complete the 20yrs clause but left with nothing.
4)National has retained the 90% loading and the premium will be on the same line as before but for the service tax as it is to be adviced by Govt. after the budget.
5) While implementing the floater type policy the companies may allow increase in coverage to all (only for those who are in the Staff Group Medi claim.)
6) We have represented with the CEO to extend the facility of increase in coverage to United india and Oriental as they have done to New India and National.
Our Case in Supreme court is to be listed and we are crossing fingers and waiting for the date.
We are again requesting each and every one of you to strengthen our finance as the case may come at any time by paying the legal fund due and as well the subs.due.